Things to Consider Before Installing A New Water Heater In Your Home
When choosing a water heater for your house, choose a system that will not only provide you with sufficient hot water but will also do so in an efficient way, saving you money and time in the long run. Therefore, you should take your time to consider different types of water heaters available and choose one with appropriate size depending upon the fuel source for your home.
Let’s take a closer look at different types of water heaters:
- Conventional tank type storage water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters that supply hot water directly without using any storage tank.
- Heat pump water heaters that move heat from one place to another. They do not generate heat directly for providing the hot water.
- Solar water heaters that use the sun’s heat for providing the hot water.
Selection criteria: When selecting a water heater for your house, consider the following:
- Fuel type, its availability and cost, the energy source you will use for heating water will not only affect its energy efficiency and size, but also its annual operating cost.
- Energy efficiency, in order to maximize cost and energy savings, you should check how energy efficient the hot water heater is before you buy it. You can research online for your options and choose the best one according to your needs.
- Size, to provide sufficient hot water and to increase efficiency, you should buy a properly sized hot water heater.
- Costs, before you buy a hot water heater, you should also estimate its annual operating cost and also compare it with other more/ less energy-efficient models.
You should also research on all options to reduce your hot water usage. You should explore strategies such as drain-water heat recovery, as it can save good money on your annual water heating bills.
When selecting your hot water heater, it is important to consider the energy source you will use, including its ready availability and cost. The cost of fuel used by the water heater will not only affect its energy efficiency and size, but also its annual operating cost.
Are you in need of a new water heater in the South Windsor area? Call The Water Heater Medic at (860) 896-3342 and schedule a service call today!